Since working from home I have created a somewhat uniform for myself if I know I’m hardly leaving the house for the day. I have worked remotely for almost an entire year! I’ve mentioned it quite a few times, but my style has changed a lot since I started working from home full time.
Sometimes I forget that I used to work in an office every day. In July, I will have worked remotely for a year! Last week I actually went into the office for a few days. It wasn’t bad but let’s just say I like that I don’t have to do it every day.
Now, onto my uniform…
My work from home Uniform
1. The comfortable pair of pants
I have quite a few criteria when picking out a pair of pants if I am working from home. I picked up these J.crew ones to resell but (of course) I kept them because they were just so comfortable! So my criteria for finding the best and most comfy pair of pants is as follows:
1) elastic waistbands! I have no patience for wearing uncomfortable pants now that I work from home every day. I used to wear dress pants to the office on occasion but now, I really do not see the point suffering through uncomfortable pants when I don’t need to!
2) Loose and comfortable – I will on occasion wear leggings or yoga pants but I’ve found slouchy pants like these I thrifted (but originally j.crew!) are much more comfortable! I also don’t feel quite as much like a slob if I am wearing cute pants like this! I think they definitely pass as a cute pair of pants rather than Pjs.
3) Pockets (ideally) – These pants sadly do not have pockets, which can be somewhat annoying when I am heading somewhere but if I’m just at home all day it’s not such a big deal. But ideally, I’d love everything I own to have some good good pockets.
2. the sneaker I can wear everywhere
I have become quite the fiend of comfortable sneakers (preferably slip on but I do have a few with laces!). I have become a huge fan of slip-on shoes now that I work from home because they are the easiest thing to throw on when I want to go to a coffee shop or walk to the store. I found my white pair at target (and apparently Cat & Jack have a lifetime warranty!!). Funnily enough, someone at a store pointed out we had the same shoes on! I do need to throw them in the wash soon as they are getting quite dirty but what can you do?
3. Cute but comfortable top
When I worked in an office I used to LOVE wearing a cute (and sometimes whimsically printed) button down. Button downs were such a staple in my wardrobe but now I don’t find myself reaching for them as much. I’d much rather just grab a top I can throw on but might look a little bit cuter and put together than a t-shirt. That’s where the cute but comfortable top comes in! I thrifted this one but I’ve found countless the past few months at the thrift store that I’ve definitely got my wardrobe stocked with cute and cozy tops.
Shirt & Pants: Thrifted | Shoes: Target
What do you like to wear if you work from home? Let me know in the comments!
FOLLOW ME ELSEWHERE!